Meanwhile, in Maine…
A giant 27-pound lobster caught off the Maine coast will be released back into the wild, said Maine State Aquarium Director Aimee Hayden-Rodriques on Wednesday.
Cushing shrimp fisherman Robert Malone gave the lobster to the aquarium after catching it in his nets Feb. 17.
The lobster weighed 27 pounds and was nearly 40 inches long. It was dubbed Rocky because it was caught in the Rockland area.
The lobster is the biggest ever brought to the aquarium, surpassing the previous biggest one by 4 pounds. It’s downright huge compared to lobsters people eat, which typically weigh between 1 and 2 pounds.
The biggest lobster on record was caught off Nova Scotia and weighed more than 40 pounds.
- tuttiimartedi reblogged this from chatamgirl
- chatamgirl reblogged this from thetudorhouse
- thetudorhouse reblogged this from mattmeetstheinternet
- retrofarts likes this
- out-foxed likes this
- doyapinkypromise likes this
- searchingforparadisefalls reblogged this from mattmeetstheinternet and added:
- mattmeetstheinternet posted this